Definition

One must make a distinction however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the result is not poetry, nor till the autocrats among us can be “literalists of the imagination”—above insolence and triviality and can present for inspection, imaginary gardens with real toads in them, shall we have it.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Watch the Corners



Ahhhhh, the dulcet tones of guitar hero J. Mascis and his band Dinosaur Jr.! I figure any Toads who might be parents, and/or who know and love teenagers, and/or who were ever teenagers ourselves, can appreciate and find some fodder for writing in here. See if you can get to the end without feeling a little something in your eye. Love, love, enjoy!

WATCH * LISTEN * BE INSPIRED * WRITE

13 comments:

Rommy said...

Gah! Marian! I just went on a college campus visit with both kids the other night and this is what you've hit me with. *sniff, sniff*

Kerry O'Connor said...

Awwww.. I'm kind of sad it had an unhappy ending for her.

Brendan MacOdrum said...

Coming at it from a different, um, corner. Are teenagers floaters or flashers?

Fireblossom said...

Guy needs a little anger management. He could have gone in and sat with her, instead.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Marian!❤️ It took me in a totally unexpected direction!❤️

Martin Kloess said...

Thank you, Marian. Will check back latter.

Toni Spencer said...

Thank you for the prompt Marian. Your prompt took me to Woodstock.

Kim Russell said...

Sanaa, I tried to comment on your poem but couldn't get past Captcha.
Your poem is so wistful and full of longing. :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Kim .. I have removed Captcha.. its not worth it if people I love can't comment on my blog. xoxo

proudmommaofgirls said...

A post that became non fiction lol

Kerry O'Connor said...

Has the linky disappeared or is it just not loading on my page? I am having internet woes and html script does not always show up.

Marian said...

Hi, friends!! I'm sorry to prompt and run... (haha, that makes me think of Liz Phair) but I am back and looking forward to reading your poems! Love, love xoxo to all of you. Kerry, the linky is there for me this morning!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I see it now. Gosh! My internet is seriously problematic.