Thursday, July 6, 2017

get listed - July




Nearly high noon of summer here in the northern hemisphere.

What they won't say anymore, or ask, is what happened to birdsong?

Maybe it's only here in concrete southern California - maybe where you are, there are more than crow squawks and gull cries and the occasional dove coo at dusk.

For this edition of get listed, see if you can bring the sounds of summer to the page - something missing, or maybe something just waiting to get noticed again.

As always, please post an original poem to your blog, link that pen to Mr. Linky, then visit back to read and comment on the other poems as the days go by. The prompt will remain open.

Please use at least 3 of these words (or reasonable variants):

heat, bird, easy, fling, pass, sweat, corn, float, ice cream (that's considered one), bright, cricket, dusk





(Song rights belong to respective publishers. No infringement intended - non-commercial use.)

18 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Coincidentally, I was watching the birds in the tree outside my window this morning...

Angie said...

i get all the berries of summer, and the birds can just keep circling;)

Anonymous said...

Yum.

Fireblossom said...

love Get Listed

Fireblossom said...

ps--love Talking Bird, too! I had never heard it.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Great topic, Michael. For me, childhood is always summer at my Grandma's. I spent every summer with her. I was so lucky to have her.

brudberg said...

Just the other day I reflected on how the birds cease to sing at this time in summer.

Susie Clevenger said...

Great challenge... Mine is a bit melancholy, but that is where my muse took me.

Anonymous said...

Hitting those Likes and G+1s is another way of showing our support.
Thank you. grapeling

tonispencer said...

I am posting for the first time on Real Toads.

Kim M. Russell said...

It's lovely to see you all here and I so enjoyed the music!

hedgewitch said...

Thanks for the nudge, M.

Outlawyer said...

Very cool post. Don't know if I can come up with something but it's always a pleasure to see your posts and poems! k.

WildChild47 said...

wonderful prompt - lots to consider in this pool of images and ideas - cheers! and thanks :)

Margaret said...

playing late - but just got back from a mini-get-away. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely theme and appropriate. As i load up the van with drums to head off on the road and into the festival season my thoughts have been turning to summer. I'll be gone from internet world a while but will dip in when I can and i'll be around to do my hosting bit end of the month.Happy Summer y'all.

grapeling said...

Thanks all. I'm working crazy hours at the moment but will visit everyone quite soon. ~ M

annell4 said...

The prompt was a challenge, but everyone seemed to take that challenge to great heights! Each writing was so beautiful!!!