Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome all, to the Imaginary Garden's Open Platform. Today, I invite you to listen to Ode to Nightingale by John Keats, one of the finest lyrical poets of English literary history. It is read to perfection by Benedict Cumberbatch (although, I am certain he would read a shopping list to perfection too).



Post post-modern poetry seem far removed from the work of the 19th Century Romantic poets, but their skill and knowledge of poetic devices remains a constant source of inspiration, and their work is nothing short of art.

Please join us, by sharing a poem of your choice, and taking the time to read and comment on the work of others. It should be noted that the Tuesday Platform is open until midday on Thursday, so 'late' entries are welcome, as are returning readers.


15 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing well this week :D sharing my poem "Ambrosia trifida", have to rush to work, have an afternoon shift. Will be back to read and comment later this evening :D

Till then take care. Thank you Kerry for sharing John Keats with us. Hes my favorite from the Old Poets :D

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Thank you for the lovely Benedict; what a feast for ear and eye!

Margaret said...

Benedict can read my shopping list ANY day :)

Outlawyer said...

Ha--I am laughing at Margaret--I cannot listen to the video here, but will do so later. Thank you, Kerry, for always lovely posts. k.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hey everyone,

I m back and heading towards each of your poems :D
xoxo

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hello, friends. I returned home late this evening after a parent-teacher meeting, so will only be able to read and comment tomorrow.

brudberg said...

I join a little late and will try to read a little before heading to bed.

Unknown said...

Always happy when I find my way into the garden! Thank you for leaving the gate open.

Outlawyer said...

Hey Kerry--thank you for the Keats. It is a beautiful poem no matter who reads it actually. (Though he's good!) k.

Gillena Cox said...

late with a comment for this one, its 3:31 in the morning-Wednesday, and i just now recovered from a bout of tiredness. Thanks for a lovely poem and video. Enjoyed


much love...

Unknown said...

I share with you a poem penned as a tribute to the classic Romeo and Juliet :) Hope you like my work. Happy to have come across this site :)

Gail said...

So sorry! Number ten is the wrong link, I have posted the correct one.

Other Mary said...

Sorry I don't have a new poem for you, but thanks for the luscious poetry reading!

Jinksy said...

All behind like the cow's tail, I finally posted something yesterday, but forgot to leave a comment! Sorry! Now today, I've gone even further back into Toadland, and written for Sunday's bout-rimés challenge. What kind of ninny am I? :-)

annell4 said...

What a treat!