Friday, September 13, 2013

Hungry and Haunted?



Hello there! Hannah here with nature’s amazement #4 to cause your muses to be hungry and haunted!


Feast on this…



Hitachi Seaside Park, located in Hitachinaka, Ibaraki prefecture, Japan, next to the Ajigaura Beach, is a flower park and a popular tourist destination. The park covers an area of ​​3.5 hectares and the flowers are amazing all year round. Each season you will find a different variety of flower blossoming over the “Miharashi No Oka”, a hill commanding a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. The park is particularly famous for blue nemophilas. Nemophilas are annual flowers with transparent blue petals. During spring, more than 4.5 million blue nemophilas bloom all over the park. The blooming period is called “Nemophilia Harmony” and attracts many visitors, (Tech and Facts).

(photobucket)

The opening scenes in this short video are strikingly haunting…





Caused me to think of a direction...if one chooses to accept...a challenge, perhaps…

In your poems today let’s try to bring a focal point...if one were to create contrast in a way that this specific scene in this film does...with these tall, dark, powerful trees standing amidst such ethereal, colorful, fragile beauty...so you can choose what your focus will be but try to bring a contrast and climax with your imagery, sensory and otherwise.

You may write about this place in paticular or qualities of it if you wish or if you’re inspired in a different way by these offerings than give that muse free reign to express herself/himself.

Have fun...remember to visit as many blogging peeps as you can, (that’s the fun supportive part), and please write and link only new pieces for this challenge!

Thank you!! :)’s


14 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

I enjoyed this one, especially the video. To play it, I had to change browsers and I'm glad I did. The music together with the flower scenes made me feel almost relaxed, which is a very difficult way for me to feel. In 1989 the Sleep Disorders Clinic at the University of British Columbia had me sleep over for two nights, all wired for one thing and another. After that they pronounced that my muscles don't relax when I sleep, but didn't offer any solution. I felt cheated.
But the combination of the video and the music here just mellowed me out.
Thanks, Hannah!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Just beautiful, Hannah.

Marian said...

thanks, Hannah... very beautiful, evocative, restful.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hannah, I always love your imaginative and inspiring prompts and I will definitely be back with a ghost or two - working today, but will be back later.

Debi Swim said...

Beautiful, Hannah. The music, the flowers...I just took a deep breathe and sighed a long, relaxing sigh.

Debi Swim said...

breath, no e, sorry. I think I misunderstood the prompt as to contrast - that's OK, I guess... I have enjoyed the other poets doing it right and beautifully, though!

Anonymous said...

I am in awe, especially of the blue shot. Gorgeous.

Susie Clevenger said...

So beautiful Hannah. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Kathe W. said...

glorious Hannah- thanks! and have a gorgeous day!

Hannah said...

Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment here! I look forward to enjoying each of your poems!

Also...I'm a prime example of one who opted not to write about this place specifically...I chose to approach the "suggested" challenge part of this...really it's all about being moved by your muse and I'm happy to read all that is newly inspired by this post.

Anyway...a disclaimer...haha!

I hope you all have a beautiful weekend. :)

Margaret said...

Hannah ... I think I did both - wrote about place and adhered to the challenge... let me know. :) Thanks. This was one of those I initially thought (I've got nothing)

Other Mary said...

Sorry Toads - I linked incorrectly here. Can you delete me?

Gail said...

Not sure I followed instructions but what I have is finished.

Thanks for the fun.

hedgewitch said...

Late to the party as usual, Hannah, but I'm up with a bit of silliness fresh from the garden, if not maybe quite exactly this particular garden. ;_) I'll be around to read later after chores.