Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ella's Edge



I found this quote and thought I would share it with YOU!

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.
"Coco Chanel



 This mansion is smack dab in the middle of downtown.  It is amazing, to see!  It is near my library~



I gave you a hint about this post, on Monday.  Yes, I did take teenagers shopping, yes I did play Ninja Stylist in the store.  Oh, for those of you that don't know what that means, I use to decorate windows in college. I still decorate!  I arrange a setting or an outfit and leave it in a place to be seen, where I shop.  I am sleuth like. I did get caught one time, but the owner of the shop liked my creation and let me leave it.  I'm blushing again, thinking about it.  My one n' only time caught. I  know, I'm on cameras now, but I am clever.  I usually wait a month, before I return to the scene of my fashion/stylizing crime.  I mean adventure.  I do not take anything, I just rearrange it ;D



 YOUR ASSIGNMENT:  No, I'm not going to make you become a Stylized Ninja, lol.   I do want you to pen a poem inspired by this quote. 






#1 You can do just as Coco suggests, find fashion in the sky, street or in the way you live and share it with us.  It would be great if you could share a photo, too.  I posted some photos to inspire. YOU may use my photos if you like! 



#2 You could take a photo of something you love that is fashionable and pen a poem about how it inspires you.

#3 Pick one of the fashion trends from your past and share how it made you feel! Were you hip n' cool, groovy?   Do you look at the photo now and wonder, 'what was I thinking?'  Don't forget you can use hair, your glasses, make up, your vehicle.  Anything goes!
(I was hoping for a slick black number, but this is what I captured yesterday, when I was downtown.)

#4 Write a poem about one of your ideas, share your creative insight with us.  Maybe you have an idea for a  new recipe, a new style of shoes or a special belt. 



Embrace fashion. Do you love trends, break the rules, own a favorite piece of clothing you want to discuss with the memory tag attached.  Do you collect something, shoes, rings, cuff links and you want to share your unique collection with us?!   How ever you want to do this, have fun! No, it isn't Project run away, lol.  You pick your fashion, which will help design your poem!  Remember to inspire us with your view, your world,  and your insight! 


 I love how this Poppy looks like a fabulous dress!


  

24 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Whu-hoo, I'm first on both your prompts, Ellie..cool...got up early to do them before work - will be around - hopefully - tonight to read everyone's. My computer goes into the shop this morning: ack!!!!

Marian said...

well, that was fun! thank you, Ellen :)

Ella said...

Marian-Thank you! Fashion is everywhere :D

Sherry-I hope your computer is an easy fix! You did well...off to read!
enJOY your tea ;D

Grandmother Mary said...

Enjoyed this one and the memory from last year that it prompted.

Kateri said...

This was fun prompt. Thank you. :)

Susan said...

I love the enthusiasm of your writing, Ella. It is possible that one or two of my photos will inspire in my odd combination of windows and mirrors.

Margaret said...

I don't usually do this, but I am linking a poem I wrote earlier this year. I am really busy and still have to finish up my Monday reading, but I thought this fit in quite well.

Ella, I LOVE your creativity and I wish you would start taking photographs of your impromptu "Ninja Stylist" displays. :)

Ella said...

Margaret-Okay I will... ;D I am a bit shy about it, but I have been thinking about doing just that!
Thank you~ Yes, that is fine...
I just find out hubby is coming home a day early and I had an art binge on his bench...yikes! Off to clean...

Susan-Yes, inspiration is everywhere! Embrace what you see and use it :D

Kateri-Well Done and it is suppose to be whatever you are drawn to...
I got sucked into one of my photos and it influenced me~

Grandmother-I love the charm you shared :D

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks Ella for the prompt and sharing your beautiful photographs. I too would like to see photos of your Ninja stylist displays.

Ella said...

Susie-Hard to be sleuth like with a camera! lol I tried with Instagram, it didn't come across like I hoped~
Okay, next time I shop ;D lol
Thank you!

Hannah said...

OH My!!! Ella!! The images are gorgeous! Your prompt idea is great fun...I'll return fellow Toads...Toadettes! :)

Kay L. Davies said...

I'm back, Toads, whether momentarily, temporarily, for a while, or for a while longer, remains to be seen. Will return in the morning to comment on the others. Thanks for this challenge, Ella.
Luv, K

Unknown said...

The mansion, quote, and butterfly struck me the most but I also loved your story about being a ninja designer so to say. Displays definitely have their place in retail and have lured many a customer into a sale.

Ella said...

Judy-Thank you! I leave what has been done. I just created my own art and leave it! It might be clothing or a table or a basket filled with trinkets. When I was caught, the owner of the shop liked it so much she kept it. Next time I entered her shop, she said I was welcome to do a display. The one I left sold 20 min after I left,so she said! Yes, I really do this! :D I will try to share photos, next time!

Kay-Glad you are feeling a bit better! I so hate colds,they linger...ick! I loved your poem~ xo

Hannah-You are so FUN! Thank you so much~ Hope your wish comes true! :D

my heart's love songs said...

great prompt, Ella! i used both this one and your prompt at Poets United. thank you!

it's after 2am but i'll be back to visit others.

Ella said...

Dani-I look forward to your poem :D

Mary said...

Ella, nice prompt! I wrote a new poem for it this morning about my favorite kind of fashion!

Ella said...

Mary-Your poem filled me with beautiful memories~ Thank you!

Mary said...

Ella, I had forgotten to say that I enjoyed all of the photos you shared for this prompt. My favorites were the butterfly and the poppy.

Sherry Ellis said...

I like the quote. And those are suce pretty pictures!

Lolamouse said...

Great idea and I love the photos!

Janine Bollée said...

Beautiful images and a great prompt. There's no stopping you, is there? Your mind doing overtime.
I'm taking the Michael in my post, hope you don't mind :-)

Ella said...

Aprille-You are cute! I just think and we all know, inspiration is everywhere~ :D I love how fun you were with this prompt! :D

Lolamouse-Thank you! I loved seeing all the unique poems ;D


Sherry-Hi! :D Nice of you to stop by~ Thank you!

Mary-Thank you! The butterfly was on my door two days ago! I was so happy to capture him~ :D He is a beauty~

Mary B. Mansfield said...

An interesting prompt for sure...took me a bit to come up with my angle on it. Gorgeous pics on this prompt!